Sessions Begin Today at HIMSS22
They say it takes a village to raise a child, but did you know it also takes a village to pursue interoperability? The HL7 Da Vinci Village is at HIMSS22 in Orlando this week, March 14-18. Also featured at the conference will be approximately 20 Da Vinci member organizations, presenting in 60-minute general education sessions and 20-minute Spotlight Theater and Innovation Live sessions—all aimed at helping to solve interoperability challenges.
HL7 Da Vinci Project Kiosk Village will be located in the Interoperability Showcase, Hall E Booth, #8240 at Kiosks 9 -16. Stop by to learn more about The Da Vinci Project’s efforts and how you can access resources.
Marketplace Kiosks at the HL7 Da Vinci Village include:
- Kiosk 12 & 13: HL7 Da Vinci Project
- Kiosk 9: healow Insights
- Kiosk 10: Cognizant
- Kiosk 11: InterSystems Corporation
- Kiosk 14: Anthem, Inc.
- Kiosk 15: Edifecs
- Kiosk 16: Optum
Member Booth HL7 Da Vinci Office Hours
Learn more by stopping by member booths when HL7 Da Vinci Project PMO staff are on hand to answer questions. They include:
- Change Healthcare, Booth # 1531, Wednesday, March 16, 10:30 – 11:15 a.m.
- Edifecs, Booth # 5171, Wednesday, March 16, 4 – 4:30 p.m.
- MCG, Booth # 8185, March 15, 3:30 – 4 p.m.
- Smile CDR Inc., Booth #3901, March 15, 4:15 – 4:35 p.m.
Find Da Vinci at these General Education Sessions
HIMSS22 selected three Da Vinci proposals for the 60-minute General Education sessions. They include:
- How HL7 Da Vinci Measures Quality and Reduces Burden (Tuesday, March 15, 3 – 4 p.m.), located in the Orange County Convention Center, W311A, Anna Taylor, MultiCare Health System and Kirk Anderson, Regence Health Plans
- Governing Interoperability (Tuesday, March 15: 4:15 - 5:15 p.m.), located at the Orange County Convention Center, W308A, Heather Kennedy, Humana and Michael Marchant, UC Davis Health
- The Role of HL7 FHIR in Patient Cost Transparency (Thursday, March 17: 10 – 11 a.m.) , located at Orange County Convention Center, W311A, Alice O'Carroll, Florida Blue and Vanessa Candelora, HL7 Da Vinci Program and Point-of-Care-Partners
Da Vinci at the Spotlight Theater and Innovation Live Theater Sessions
These sessions will include nine 20-minute thought leadership presentations: eight located in a high traffic area within the Interoperability Showcase, and one located in the Innovation Live Exhibition. They include:
- Use of Da Vinci IGs in COVID Response (Tuesday, March 15: 10:15 - 10:35 a.m.) by G Shah, Change Healthcare.
- How to Transform Prior Authorization with Evolving Standards (Tuesday, March 15: 4:15 - 4:35 p.m.) by Heidi Kriz, Regence Health Plans and Rajesh Godavarthi, MCG.
- Understanding the Role of FHIR in Patient Cost Transparency (Tuesday, March 15: 4:45 - 5:05 p.m.) by Caitlyn Campi, GuideWell and Maxim Abramsky, Edifecs.
- HL7 Da Vinci Project: A Key to Meeting Quality Measures (Tuesday, March 15: 5:15 - 5:35 p.m.) by Lynda Rowe, InterSystems.
- The Many Facets of Prior Authorization Burden Reduction (Wednesday, March 16: 12:15 - 12:35 p.m. and 12:45 - 1:05 p.m. Extended Session) by Benjamin Orwoll, MD, MS, OHSU; Anna Taylor, MultiCare Health System; Rajesh Godavarthi, MCG; and Heidi Kriz, Regence Health Plans.
- The Role of HL7 FHIR in Patient Cost Transparency (Wednesday, March 16: 1:15 - 1:35 p.m.) by David Potochniak, Optum and Jeffrey Modder, United Healthcare.
- Governing Interoperability (Thursday, 12:45 – 1:05 p.m.) by Lukasz Nosol, United Healthcare and Anna Taylor, MultiCare Health System.
- CMS Payer to Payer Mandate: A Working Approach to Compliance(Thursday, 1:15 – 1:35 p.m.) by Caitlyn Campi, GuideWell and Kevin Day, Edifecs
- Insurance Plan Data Retrieval via Patient and Payer APIs (Thursday, 1:45 – 2:05 p.m.) by Joshua Lamb, Optum and Dan Bock, Optum
- The Evolution of Clinical Data Exchange Using HL7 FHIR (Thursday, 2:15 - 2:35 at Innovation Live Stage) by Durwin Day, Blue Cross Blue Shield Illinois (BCBSIL) and John Kelly, Edifecs.
Find more HL7 HIMSS information here: Events - HIMSS | HL7 International and full (downloadable) descriptions of the education and spotlight sessions on Confluence here: Da Vinci - Da Vinci - Confluence (hl7.org).
Social Media: Follow all the Da Vinci action on Twitter @HL7, #davinciproject and #HIMSS22.
Join the Community
To learn more and join the community, visit hl7.me/davincinews.