5 Tips for Getting Your App/Pilot/Project from Idea to Implementation
Are you ready to identify healthcare partners for your real-world pilot?
Have an app developed, but don’t know how to break into healthcare?
Or, perhaps you’ve received a “yes” from healthcare, but now find yourself in a spiral of administrative approvals.
We all have impactful, valuable projects; however, at least in the case of healthcare, we are navigating an industry facing myriad challenges – financial pressure, staff shortages, regulatory compliance. Make it easy for them to work with you and you’ll find a smoother path forward.
At HL7's January’s FHIR Connectathon and Working Group Meeting, Adele Stewart and Elizabeth Sprouse of Double Lantern Informatics hosted the education session “From Ghosted to Welcomed: Developing FHIR-based solutions with healthcare technology acceptance in mind.” Here are five tips from their talk. Want the rest of the scoop? Catch the full talk here.
- Understand workflow implications.
Build relationships with people in clinical informatics. These individuals will often help you understand workflow implications to your project that must be considered, such as:
- Will you need to save data back to the electronic health record?
- If you need to save back to the chart, how do you navigate this?
- Where will it be saved?
- Does the project involve a note that needs to be signed and/or support co-signature?
- Does a Health Information Management committee need to be involved?
- Does your solution involve a clinical alert? At the healthcare site, is clinical committee review needed for new alerts?
- How will your project alter the current workflow and what training and communications must accompany go-live?