The CodeX HL7 FHIR Accelerator will host three public calls next week covering project milestones in the Radiation Therapy Treatment Data (RTTD), Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies[i] (REMS) and Prior Authorization in Oncology use cases.
- Join the CodeX Prior Authorization in Oncology team on February 15 (3-4 ET) for an update on its radiation oncology pilot planning. Use case team members will discuss progress relative to breast and prostate cancer patient demographic and clinical data elements discovery and health data standards mapping (e.g., mCODE and Da Vinci Project implementation guides). Find call information here.
- Join the RTTD team on February 16 (11-12 ET) when they will share recent project achievements, including experience exchanging synthetic patient data using mCODE from a radiation oncology information test system to a FHIR server. Find call information here.
- Join the CodeX REMS team on February 17 (1-2 ET) to explore the value of an interoperable REMS ecosystem using FHIR and other health data standards, view details of the open source REMS on FHIR prototype under development and discuss CodeX membership details and benefits, including driving the REMS use case work forward. Find call information here.
All three use case teams would like to engage the broader health community and share recent project achievements and more information about how interested organizations can engage and collaborate on future phases of use case work.
CodeX is a member-driven community accelerating interoperable data modeling and implementation around the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®) and mCODE HL7 standards, leading to substantial improvements in health care and research in cancer and beyond.
Please reach out to Kim Ball, CodeX Deputy Program Manager (email@example.com) if you have questions or are interested in CodeX membership.
- CodeX Prior Authorization in Oncology home page: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/COD/Prior+Authorization+in+Oncology
- CodeX Radiation Therapy Treatment Data (RTTD) home page: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/COD/Radiation+Therapy+Treatment+Data+for+Cancer
- CodeX Risk Evaluation & Mitigation Strategies (REMS) home page: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/COD/Risk+Evaluation+and+Mitigation+Strategies+-+REMS
[i] Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) is a drug safety program that the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) can require for certain medications with potential for serious adverse side effects to help ensure the benefits of the medication outweigh its risks. REMS allows the prescribing of drugs that otherwise would not be available because of safety issues. Only a few drugs require REMS (currently 61 REMS exist). REMS required actions vary with each drug or drug class (e.g., opioid).